In the world of photography, there are basically two different types of people. One is an actual photographer who sticks by his profession of taking pictures of very high quality using an advanced camera. The other is all those minus a professional photographer who takes pictures of medium to high quality using whatever is available.
Previously, it was necessary to own a camera to collect memories and the process was long from buying a film to getting the picture taken correctly with just one click, and then getting the film washed to finally see if the picture taken is perfect or not. Later with the introduction of digital cameras, photography was for all, as the process was a lot easier. However, now with the introduction of smartphones with excellent cameras that even offer up to 41 megapixels of resolution, anyone can take pictures as easily as getting a YSL bag cheap but the art of taking a good picture even on your sophisticated phone needs to be mastered.
Here are some tips to click a good picture using your phone.
- Always make sure that the lens of your phone camera is kept clean.
- Ensure that the phone is set to the highest resolution and picture quality.
- Adjust the white balance and other settings on your phone. Turn off those extra parameters that you think you have no need of while taking your picture.
- Expose enough light on the subject to be photographed. It is always best to choose natural lightings if available.
- Hold your camera in a steady position before you click the picture. You may also think of using a stable surface to place your phone to click the picture.
- Eliminate all hot spots and bright reflections.
- Focus on the object to be photographed by zooming-in or zooming-out.
- If you want to take a picture of yourself, then avoid doing so at an arm’s length or resorting to taking mirror images.
- Be as close to the object as possible for a clearer image.
- Ensure that the background is clean and free of clutter to set the focus on the object entirely.
- Use flash only when you need it and not because it is available.
- If you want to increase the visual appeal of your photo, you may even try using a plain backdrop.
Now, you are all set to take your picture, save it on the phone’s memory, print/share or display it as per your likes.